Location: Wallis House
, Rothwell Northamptonshire
Full time – Permanent
Responsible for the supervision of a shift and the Support Workers at a Children’s Home providing advice, care and stability for the young people ensuring they are treated equally, whilst promoting positive role-modelling behaviour.
- • Supervise Support Workers and cascade information so that disadvantaged young people are cared for, guided and incentivised appropriately in line with legislative, in line with relevant legislative, contractual and inspection framework requirements
- • Demonstrate to the young people the value of education, care and development so that they improve behaviour, by being a positive role model.
- • Build and create mutual trust and respect with young people in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and instructions.
- • Define structures and boundaries of behaviour to young people, acting as a positive role model, so they understand behaviour expected.
- • Produce, maintain and distribute house paperwork to ensure relevant information is recorded accurately and is available.
- • Control and analyse the young people’s behaviour to avoid incidents and maximise positive behaviours.
- • Create and produce activities to occupy and develop young people in order that they gain skills and education on an informed basis
- • Coach, support and develop Support Workers ensuring their performance and potential is maximised to meet contractual and company requirements.
- • Provide basic advice and skills to young people on managing their finances and other everyday life skills.
- • Managing Professionally
- • Delivering Performance
- • Leading People
- • Customer Thinking
- • Collaborating & Co-operating
Skills and Knowledge
- • 12 months residential care experience
- • Full driving licence
- • QCF level 3 qualification or equivalent
- • Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
To apply for a role please email your CV to HRH2I@prospects.co.uk stating the job role you are seeking and preferred location.